Sunday 18 May 2014

RACISM




I wonder why the whites call me black and illicit
Draws tattoos with black ink with a receipt
Faltering on dark alters of separate deceit
For a colour rather than an attribute to this daft dim wit

A chance to frustrate intellectual capacity
Names and colours are lounged as identities
Is colour worth? Is racism a levity?
Or a crime to be opposed to nativity!

How do I shoulder this blame for the younger generation?
How would I explain to the younger brethren?
That colour is now a crime! Thrown fruits are not beaten?
This makes words feel they were never written

Should I cower in fear? Or be ashamed of my colour?
Shall I flaunt it like gold in the auburn?
Sending this message to every racial ribbon
That if black was not good, tattoos will be white and impugn

No comments:

Post a Comment