Tuesday 20 May 2014

AKWA IBOM MY FIRST LOVE




          Akwa Ibom State has finally become a mega city with everybody growing impatient as features of a mega city, a land blessed by peace and unity with funerals raging in almost every corner, but the population has still outgrown its major detractor which is death. As I watch the young men mix about, I wonder if ethnicity will ever tear them apart? Or if they were ever divided once? Akwa Ibom is a land blessed by God and here peace speaks louder than the din of the commercial keke's that ravages the tranquility of the humid streets. I wonder aloud if they will be divided if politics comes again, or will people be ripped off buses to be thrashed because their tribes didn't allow other tribes to campaign in their locality?
          If i am to question without prejudices, how correct can I be? Akwa Ibom is a land of emotions with sober men watching and protecting the peace that our fathers gave to us as our inheritance; if I am thinking aloud, I wonder who is already scoffing this idea or this article, already I can see faces smiling, others red with passion, all am trying to say here is simple, I am a lover of PEACE, i love my state.
          Recently my state has been ambushed by population outburst that threatens the peace I bath in everyday; I am not lazy, don't even think about it, trust me I've been to states where some people literally live their lives in molue or buses as they ply their daily means of livelihood, but in my state its rather a metaphor that very soon we may be living there because that is other alternatives of living in a mega city.
          Akwa Ibom I love you, I am happy, I am from Akwa Ibom state and I would have regretted if my parents were not from Akwa Ibom and I came to live, leaving here when am grown up would have been traumatic and a harsh nightmare I wouldn't love to wake up from. I am a son of PEACE, an ambassador of eloquence, a tempest of development, a flood of substance that Nigeria is bathing in. Akwa Ibom is like the garden of Eden blessed with independence from the world.
          Anywhere I stand as an Akwa Ibomite, I am sure that in a crowd of billions, a million is envying me; I believe in its love, I believe in this land not because I am a believer, but I believe in its ideals, I believe in what it has offered to the young, old, needy, poor and the less privileged in our society, even to the Almajiris....yes I believe it!
          When I stand in the street and watch, I see all the tribes of Nigeria moving about freely with no mockery of tribe nor kin, how I wish my country was like my state! How I wish I could walk the streets of my country without fear of any religion, without fear of been uprooted from my spot by a piece of shrapnel of a bomb that just exploded at the corner of the street or been slaughtered by a group of maniacs who thinks that children is the shield they use to wage their sabbatical war, I wish I can walk the streets of my country without fear of IEDs that was constructed with fertilizers that poor farmers should have used to increase their yields! But No! It is used to harvest bodies all in the name of Religion! That speaks the same PEACE that my state speaks!
          And I ask have I not known peace? In my state? Or have I not tasted the fruits of peace in my state? Because in my state I sleep with both ears shut and not with my eyes snapped open at every noise that passes the street! I love peace and am not ashamed to say it, if I say this, I hope I won't start another protest because if I am to say this, it must be for peace of my country! Let nobody be deceived that when a man is killed on the temple of religion that the Almighty who created that spirit, body and soul is smiling or rewarding such acts with either imaginary or perceived rewards! Regardless of who is killed!
          I love peace and I want to enjoy such serenity my brothers have been robbed by troubled and broken people and i add finally, my brothers if your environment is hostile? You are always welcomed to Akwa Ibom State my first love!

No comments:

Post a Comment