Sunday 17 May 2015

NIGER DELTA TEARS

I gave my all to humanity

It seemed I gave enmity

I gave my peace to conflict

Broken families and cruel children spits

I learnt my voice to oppression

Many wills suffered depression

I spoke loud in sunrise

My image suffered many dark nights



For every ill I rebuked

A thousand dictators arose

I spoke against tribalism and ethnicity

Other tribes spoke of conquered territories

I spoke for unity

Their actions suggested anarchy

I spoke of environmental degradation

I spoke of depravation and society exacerbation

They saw a common wealth of a nation

The more they spoke nigeria

I was forced to remember Biafra!



There is more hope in resource control

They said we are leeches

We are few

They can trample with shoes

How can a few

Detect our cue?

I am Niger delta...

I have been stung in the stew


No comments:

Post a Comment