Wednesday 16 July 2014

NIGERIA MY BELOVED





I cry my beloved
You are no more loved
As was thought as odd
Which I didn’t understand your urge

Which of your son’s blood spilled?
From guns of the thrilled
Been made to have a bad seal
That can never be broken with skill

Don’t cry my beloved
Because our fight
Which was never right
Will be made light

I pray for you my beloved
As such; never to hear you cough
Don’t be summoned into a court hall
Because that is when you have lost all

 Wipe your tears my beloved
There is light, so there is still hope
We are tired of being independent like the ape
One day we must wear this grandiose robe

Be comforted by beloved
Because you can’t lose in all
Due to that great fall
When we tried…playing different balls

Be reminded my beloved
One day all your efforts will be crowned with cheers
See yourself sitting on a golden chair
That is not made of air

Be renewed my pride, my love, my country
For you’re a giant in different strides
Who are all kings…prowling with stripes
For in them, your glory will shine in pride


No comments:

Post a Comment