Sunday 16 August 2015

LADY OF THE RAINBOW



Crimson!
In crimson soaked
Blood, sacrifices, coloured liver-red
Food is served:
Dainties- pork and all others
Pray how do you serve such
When she, a vegetarian is?
How do you save her from the crimson blood?

Buff!
Brown legs on brown streets
I dorn red footies- and sway streets
Hisses and catcalls:
Daisies get catcalls- like none other
Pray how does a nun learn satisfaction
When she, a eunuch is?
How do you satisfy daisies with homophobic minds?

Green!
Colour envy and stalking legs
You offend me with these talks, mama
Of meat- that is not meat
Your meat offends me, mama
Your rainbow colours and harsh-tags
Cowards die a hundred deaths
How do you live an abominable life?
And pray that I die not a coward's death?

Orange!
I am just a bystander standing by
I neither eat nor touch; yet, I stare
At your Dainties bulging through stuffed ribs
At your disgusting table manners
Neon lights blink right in my head
How do daisies court daisies?
And how do you quench the neon in my head?

Blue!
Your hued veins turned blue
Frustration: prey scares predator away
The chameleon blends in with spiny legs
I smile as your receding shadows fade
Why do you gawk at the crimson damsel?
Why do you stand a distance poking at your food?

WRITTEN BY:
© Uduak Otongaran
Uduak-otongaran@outlook.com
+2348066010521Photo credit: favim.com

No comments:

Post a Comment